Juicy raw meat served up fresh for conservative political junkies...

Monday, May 19, 2008

Red Meat Translation of Obama advice to GOP

by George Dienhart

The Michelle Obama Damage control train has left the station. To wit, a quote from Sen. Obama:

"The GOP, should I be the nominee- I think can say whatever they wanna say about me, my track record. I've been in public life for 20 years. ... If they think that they're gonna try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful. Because, that I find unacceptable. ... The notion that you start attacking my wife or my family - you know, Michelle is the most honest, the best person I know. She is one of the most caring people I know. She loves this country. And for them to try to distort or to play snippets of her remarks in ways that are unflattering to her I think is ... just low class. And I think they - most of the American people would think that as well. I would never think of going after somebody's spouse in a campaign. And for - especially for - people who purport to be promoters of family! values ... to start attacking my wife in a political campaign, I think ... is detestable."

I’ll break this down for you- here’s your Red Meat Translation:

"The GOP, should I be the nominee- I think can say whatever they wanna say about me (Can we start with your lack of detail on any policy?), my track record (Both years as a Senator? I say both because you’ve spent most of your ONE term campaigning for president). I've been in public life for 20 years (The same amount of time you’ve spent as a member of Rev. Wright’s church). ... If they think that they're gonna try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign (actually, she made herself an issue), they should be careful. Because (Microsoft’s paperclip reminds me not to start sentences with “because”- just some grammar help there, Barry), that I find unacceptable. ... The notion that you start attacking my wife or my family - you know, Michelle is the most honest, the best person I know. She is one of the most caring people I know. She loves this country (She loves’s it- she’s just not proud of it. Kind of like a cat that’s to dumb to learn to use a litter box. You know, you still love it, it just embarrasses you by taking a dump in your Father in Laws shoe while you are eating dinner.) And for them to try to distort or to play snippets of her remarks in ways that are unflattering to her I think is ... just low class (Okay- we’ll stick to big issues like her fund raiser with weather underground terrorists). And I think they - most of the American people would think that as well (Apparently, he’s never picked up a newspaper) . I would never think of going after somebody's spouse in a campaign (Not even Bill Clinton? Does he remember that Huffington Post Headline- Obama Slams Bill Clinton). And for - especially for - people who purport to be promoters of family values ... to start attacking my wife in a political campaign, I think ... is detestable."